Saturday, April 3, 2010
Top 10: Unhealthy Relationship Signs
Many people have been in a relationship that was unhealthy at some point in their life. Being trapped in cycles of pleasure, pain, blaming, and reconnection is not healthy in any way; but, when it's all said and done, only you can decide if your relationship is healthy and whether or not you are happy in it. Here are 10 of the most common signs of an unhealthy relationship.
1. When it's time to spend quality time with your family, she suddenly becomes sick, stuck in traffic or experiences something major at work. She resents your family for taking up your time and may even forbid you from associating with them at all.
2. She wants you to be responsible for her happiness, childhood, moods or feelings.
3. She insists on talking about problems for hours (and even days) and just won't let things go.
4. She's overly critical of how you act. She can do no wrong, therefore everything is your fault. Thinking differently is normally discouraged and pressure to agree with her occurs regularly.
5. You feel as if you have to walk on eggshells around her. You can't speak your opinion because she always freaks out when you disagree. In these relationships, you probably will not get to have any input at all or you may be treated badly if you do attempt to contribute to any decisions.
6. You must let her know where you are at all times and justify where you've been and who you've been with. You have to call her and "check in" multiple times a day.
7. She restricts you from hanging out with your friends and you aren't allowed to have platonic female friends.
8. You've discovered that she secretly checks your email, internet history and your cell phone. When you confront her about these behaviors, she attempts to make you feel responsible for her suspicions.
9. When you try to break up, she threatens to harm herself. This type of woman may actually be in more need of a parent then a partner.
10. Communication with her is absent and could lead to continuing verbal abuse and even ridiculing. She loves to highlight your mistakes and simply ignores your success. She is never happy for you and deep down, you feel like you’ve lost yourself.